Coronavirus Impacting Sports: Latest Breaking News in college basketball as the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC and American Athletic Conference and others have canceled their 2020 conference tournaments slated to tip off again today at Noon ET.
The decisions continue ongoing actions to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, which was labeled a pandemic Wednesday by the World Health Organization.
Also Wednesday, the NCAA announced that the men’s and women’s basketball tournaments would be played without fans in attendance.
Coronavirus Pandemic has impacted the following sports:
– Every game closed to public
– Big Ten, Big 12, AAC and SEC began cancelling their tournaments on Thursday
– Rudy Gobert tested positive for the Coronavirus late Wednesday
– The league suspended their season for an indefinite amount of time on Wednesday night
– The 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo is the biggest global sporting event of the year, and organizers have already voiced concerns that the disease could cause problems.
– The regular season has not started yet, but in spring training and for the foreseeable future, locker rooms will be closed to the media in an effort to limit the amount of contact between players and media members.
– The NHL regular season is set to continue as scheduled with the final day on April 6 and the Stanley Cup playoffs beginning shortly after.
– Both Michigan and Ohio State have cancelled their spring football games
Donald Trump gave a speech last night but there are rumors swirling that Trump could have came in contact with the virus.
Last night LIVE on Chat Sports James Yoder & Mitchell Renz walked you through how the NBA Suspended the season ‘until further notice’. The NBA announced it is suspending its season indefinitely following Wednesday night’s games after a Utah Jazz player (Rudy Gobert) tested positive for Coronavirus
News that broke this morning was Utah Jazz star player Donovan Mitchell also tested positive.
At Monday’s media availability, Gobert was seen touching all the microphones and tape recorders at the end of his session with reporters.
Download the Chat Sports app for iPhone or Android to follow NFL news, rumors, and scores:
Our NFL shows can be watched live on the Chat Sports Facebook page:
You can also subscribe to the NFL Daily video podcast on iPhone for free:
Follow Chat Sports on social media:
#NBA #NBARumors #BreakingNews #CSFAN2020